Arts for Good
Causeway EXchange - Arts and Healing
7 - 13 September 2016 | Singapore
The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) and DMR Productions, The Rice Company and Global Cultural Alliance (GCA) collaborated to bring Singaporean and Malaysian artists together for good. Through our Arts and Healing projects under Causeway EXchange 2016, we harness the transformative powers of arts and culture to promote awareness and explore how the arts can do good within the community.
The Singapore International Foundation was the main partner for the inaugural series of ‘Arts and Healing’ projects under Causeway EXchange. This series of ‘Arts and Healing’ projects explored how the arts can be used to do good, specifically in the arts and the power to heal. The projects included:
- Tales of the Swordfish: a series of multi-disciplinary art workshops conducted by Malaysian group Main Wayang, which resulted in a public performance by the children from Little Arts Academy.
- Healing Through Arts: a panel discussion by arts therapists from Singapore and Malaysia and a drum circle session with patients from Sengkang Health by Malaysian musicians At Adau.
- Doctors with A Cause: a musical and comedy performance by doctors from Singapore and Malaysian comedian Dr Jason Leong.
These projects are part of SIF’s Arts for Good initiative, which seeks to promote awareness of social issues, share best practices and enable action for positive social impact through the arts.
- Contact the Cultural Exchange Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for updates on future events with our corporate newsletter
The SIF’s Arts for Good initiative seeks to contribute to positive social change through collaborations between Singaporean artists and their international counterparts, as well as galvanise greater community involvement in sustainable change.
Get your tickets!
The Singapore International Foundation Launches a New Initiative to Leverage the Arts for Good
The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) today announced the launch of a new Arts for Good initiative, centred on harnessing the value of arts and culture in connecting Singaporeans and world communities for positive social change.
YSE Workshop, Kuala Lumpur 2017
From 18 to 20 July 2017, the SIF’s YSE Workshop | Kuala Lumpur 2017 saw 36 Malaysian youths representing 15 social enterprise teams go through an intensive programme itinerary where they were equipped with social entrepreneurial knowhow and...
Meet some of our Citizen Ambassadors who make friends for a better world and inspire others to do the same. Without them, we would not be able to do what we do. We celebrate their work and how they connect for change.