Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE)
Applications for YSE 2016 are closed. YSE 2017 applications will open in the last quarter of 2016. If you are interested in joining the programme, please indicate your interest in the form here and we will contact you once applications are open.
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YSE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
We welcome passionate young changemakers and entrepreneurs of any nationality who have innovative business ideas that address a social need.
Join now if you:
- Have a viable business proposition that addresses a social need
- Are committed to develop your social enterprise
- Have a committed team of up to three members or as an individual
- Are between 18 and 30 years old
Please take some time to read our FAQs and the application requirements below before submitting your application. For assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Application Details and Timeline
The application is a two-step process:
Complete and submit the online application form. The form consists of the following:
- Business plan overview
A three-page summary, which is an expanded version of the business model canvas
i.e. the summary allows you to further elaborate on your business idea AND intended social impact. You may also attach charts or other data to your three-page summary as appendixes. There is no fixed format or font size for this three-page submission.
- Group photo
- Group logo (if available)
Any other supporting documents (optional)
After reviewing your application, we may schedule a short discussion (from 1 Nov to 30 Dec) with shortlisted candidates for clarifications and/or updates where needed. We therefore strongly advise that you to submit your application as early as possible so that we have ample time to assist you where necessary.
Important to note:
- Before filling up the online application form, please look through the requirements and read our FAQs. Submission is only completed if you have provided all required information.
- If you are applying as a team, please fill up the information for all team members before submission. You can only submit the application form once.
- Supporting documents should not exceed a total of 50MB each in file size.
- In your correspondence with us, please appoint one main contact person while copying the rest of your members so that we can keep communication clear and timely.
If you are interested in social entrepreneurship and would like to get more involved with our YSE programme, please contact Jasmine Chew at firstname.lastname@example.org for partnership possibilities.
Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Workshop Closing Reception at Raffles City Convention Centre
Welcome Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Dialogue, Treetop at Scape
Sharing Insights into the Heart and Soul of Singapore
A better world begins with better understanding. For a week in July, the SIF hosted seven journalists and editors from the Chinese cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu under our Journalist Visit Programme. They engaged in dialogues...
Through our series of SIF Connects! events overseas, we reconnect with Friends of Singapore through the sharing of Singapore insights on culture, innovation and social development, to promote understanding and collaborations between Singaporeans...