Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE)
START YOUR JOURNEY WITH THE YOUNG SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS (YSE) PROGRAMME
Applications for YSE 2018 are now CLOSED. Thank you for your interest. For applicants who have sent in your applications, we will be in touch with you by Mid-Feb 2018 regarding the admittance results.
The YSE programme seeks to inspire, equip and enable youth of different nationalities to embark on social enterprises (SEs) in Singapore and beyond. If you have a social enterprise idea, we want to help you make it happen!
Through the YSE programme, participants will learn from and interact with leading social entrepreneurs, business professionals and other youth who are keen on social innovation, while expanding their networks for potential collaborations for good.
Admitted YSEs will attend a 4-day YSE Workshop held in Singapore, and pitch for a chance to be shortlisted into the YSE programme which includes a mentorship scheme; overseas study visit and an opportunity to pitch for funding. All admitted YSEs will be able to join our network, and engage in alumni activities throughout the year.
What we offer
• Ecosystem – Join an international ecosystem of changemakers including like-minded individuals, corporates, practitioners and successful entrepreneurs
• Mentorship – Gain access to industry experts and professionals for mentorship
• Overseas study visits – Embark on overseas study visit to gain insights
• Grants – Develop your social enterprise with up to SGD$ 20,000 in grants!
YSE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
We welcome passionate young changemakers and entrepreneurs of any nationality who have innovative business ideas that address a social need. Join now if you:
• Have a viable business proposition that addresses a social issue
• Are a committed individual or have a team (with up to 3 members who can join the programme)
• Are between 18 to 30 years old (open to all nationalities)
Please take some time to read through our FAQ page and the application requirements below before submitting your application. For further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Application Details and Timeline
1. Online application
You and your team will need to submit your details through the online application form. Applicants would need to attach the following documents in the form:
Business plan overview – click here to download the template
- Business Summary Guidelines
- Business Model Canvas Template
- Group/Individual photo
- SE logo (if available)
- Any supporting documents (optional)
Please note that SIF may contact you to conduct phone interviews for clarifications and/or updates where needed. We therefore strongly advise that you to submit your application as early as possible so that we have ample time to assist you where necessary.
- Before filling up the online application form, do look through the requirements and read our FAQs. Submission is only completed if you have provided all required information.
- If you are applying as a team, please fill up the information for all team members before submission. You can only submit the application form once.
- Supporting documents should not exceed a total of 50MB in file size each.
- In your correspondence with us, please appoint one main contact person while copying the rest of your members so that we can keep communication clear and timely.
Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Workshop Closing Reception at Raffles City Convention Centre
Welcome Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Dialogue at *SCAPE The Tree Top
Enhancing Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services Programme in Surabaya
Some 200 Indonesian healthcare workers in Surabaya, Indonesia have been equipped with enhanced knowledge and skills to assess, treat and manage child and adolescent patients with emotional and behavioural issues. This follows a two-year...
Friends for a Better World
Through the lens of National Geographic, find out how our Citizen Ambassadors help to build a Better World.