The YSE Overseas Workshops seek to inspire, equip and enable youth who are starting their social enterprises to scale up their businesses. If you looking to grow your social enterprise, we want to help you make it happen!
YSE Workshop | Kuala Lumpur 2017
Applications for YSE Workshop | Kuala Lumpur 2017 are now open till 9 June 2017. APPLY HERE.
Through the inaugural YSE Workshop | Kuala Lumpur, participants will learn from and interact with leading social entrepreneurs, business professionals and other youth who are keen on social innovation, while expanding their networks for potential collaborations for good. Over the 3-day workshop, participants will be equipped with entrepreneurial know-how, knowledge as well as skills in leadership, marketing, business acumen, measuring social impact and pitching, to further scale-up their social enterprises.
What do you get?
- Business clinics with mentors
- Training workshops
- Networking opportunities with regional partners
- Access to an ecosystem of international changemakers including like-minded individuals, corporates, practitioners and successful entrepreneurs
Participating teams will pitch to a panel of judges during the last day of the workshop, where one team will stand a chance to win resources including a year-long customised mentorship (guided by successful entrepreneurs and business professionals) and a sponsored overseas study visit trip. All admitted YSEs will be able to join SIF’s network, and engage in alumni activities after completion of the workshop.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate young changemakers and social entrepreneurs who have great ideas and are looking to develop their social enterprise. Join now if you:
- Have a viable business proposition that addresses a social issue
- Have a social enterprise that is already in operation for less than two years
- Are between 18 to 30 years old (open to all nationalities)
- Have a committed team of up to 3 members or as an individual
APPLY HERE. Application closes on 9 June 2017.
We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible so that we have ample time to assist you where necessary.
- Before filling up the online application form, do look through the requirements and read our FAQs. Submission is only completed if you have provided all required information.
- If you are applying as a team, please fill up the information for all team members before submission. You can only submit the application form once.
- Supporting documents should not exceed a total of 50MB in file size each. Please send us a zipped file if you have multiple documents.
- In your correspondence with us, please appoint one main contact person while copying the rest of your members so that we can keep communication clear and timely.
YSE Workshop | Jakarta
After the successful inaugural YSE Workshop | Jakarta in October 2016, we are excited to re-commence the second run of the YSE Workshop | Jakarta from 19 – 21 September 2017. We welcome all social enterprises based in Indonesia to apply. More information will be available closer to date.
YSE Workshop | Mumbai
The inaugural YSE Workshop in Mumbai is currently scheduled to take place from 14 – 16 November 2017. We welcome all social enterprises based in India to apply. More information will be available closer to date.
Young Social Entrepreneurs 2017 Brings Together Multi-Sectorial Partners to Nurture Global Changemakers for a Better World
Key to success is government, private, academic and social entrepreneurial sectors coming together to ensure scalable social impact.
Sharing the Singapore Story: Our Hopes, Heart and Soul
Six Indian journalists immersed in a week-long visit programme to discover the Heart and Soul of this little red dot.
Singapore-Laos Partner to Raise the Standard of Physiotherapy Education in Laos to Empower More People With Disabilities to Enjoy a Better Quality of Life
The President of the Republic of Singapore, Dr Tony Tan Keng Yam, and Patron of the SIF, visited the fifth training workshop of SIF’s “Physiotherapy Education Upgrade Project” in Vientiane, a significant gesture that reflects...
Arts & Disability Forum 2017
How can arts and culture shape a more inclusive society? The Arts & Disability Forum 2017, held at the Enabling Village, brought together participants from across the People, Private and Public sectors with speakers from Hong Kong, the United...
Meet some of our Citizen Ambassadors who make friends for a better world and inspire others to do the same. Without them, we would not be able to do what we do. We celebrate their work and how they connect for change.