Celebrating our volunteer's heart-work09 Dec 2015
SIF celebrated the commitment of several long-serving citizen ambassadors towards community development overseas at this year’s International Volunteer Day.
Thank you for your dedication and ‘heart-work’ to uplift lives and effect positive change.
The Singapore International Volunteers are:
- Dr Chin Pak Lin, 5 years of volunteer service for the Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Project in Cambodia
- Dr Shephali Tagore, 5 years of volunteer service for the Emergency Obstetrics & Paediatrics in Laos, Enhancing Maternal and Child Health Services Project in India
- A/Prof Dr Lim Swee Hia, 7 years of volunteer service for the Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Project in Cambodia, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Nursing in Vietnam
- Dr Ramaswamy Akhileswaran, 7 years of volunteer service for the Enhancing Palliative Care Practice Project in Indonesia
- Ms Low Siew Hong, 7 years of volunteer service for the Early Childhood Care & Development in Vietnam and Myanmar
- Mr John Ang, 10 years of volunteer service for the Social Work Project in Vietnam
- Dr Ng Kee Chong, 10 years of volunteer service for the Emergency Obstetrics and Paediatrics in Laos, Emergency Paediatrics in Cambodia
May their actions serve as inspiration to others to do the same!
Thanking long serving volunteers for their strong partnership and impactful work.
Keen to join SIF to connect and collaborate for change? Find out more about our volunteering programmes here.