English Teacher ProjectVientiane, Laos
Description of Assignment
The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) is looking for an English Language teacher to teach English to Lao government officials at the Institute of Foreign Affairs in Vientiane City, Lao PDR. The volunteer will teach these students directly, as well as guide the teachers in curriculum planning and pedagogy. The volunteer is required to live and work with the local community for a minimum period of 6 months or up to a year.
The volunteer will work with the Institute of Foreign Affairs to:
- Improve the teaching methodology and pedagogy for teachers (eg. introduce training aids, etc) in teaching English as a foreign language
- Improve the English communication skills of teachers
- Teach government officials the English Language, at three different levels of basic, intermediate and advance
For this assignment, we seek volunteers who:
- Are Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Possess basic university degree, bachelor in education or postgraduate diploma in education
- Have at least 3 years of English teaching experience
- Are mature and adaptable with strong interpersonal skills, and cultural sensitivity
Candidates must be able to commit for at least 6 months.
Volunteers can generally expect to receive the following support:
- Return airfare and visa/permit
- Living allowance (includes local transport costs)
- Accommodation of a reasonable standard
- Coverage for required vaccinations
- Comprehensive travel insurance
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any other additional details.
You will need to sign-up as a member to register for this event.
If you already have an account with us, please login to register for this event.
We have just migrated onto a new IT platform and are experiencing some technical issues.
If you receive the following error messages upon registering:
- There is no key word in dictionary; or
- You are already a registered member,
Please click on forget password. We will send you a link to reset your password.
In the meantime, we seek your patience and kind understanding and apologise for any inconvenience caused.