Words on Wheels ProjectHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Description of Assignment
Words on Wheels (WOW) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, is a mobile library project initiated and managed by the Singapore International Foundation. It is implemented in partnership with General Sciences Library (GSL) and supported by Keppel Land Limited. Operating five days a week, WOW will visit 5 schools and 3 cultural centres 4 times a month, providing free usage of library, Internet and multimedia facilities. GSL staff and Singapore International Volunteers (SIV) will travel with the mobile library to conduct educational workshops such as English language and basic IT skills to enhance the WOW experience. The partnership with GSL will enhance its mission to develop a culture of public reading and being a core resource centre for information, culture, recreation and education for Ho Chi Minh residents. WOW Ho Chi Minh City also builds on SIF’s current commitment to improving the capabilities of Ho Chi Minh officials, key government ministries, and local communities to enhance the quality of education.
Read more about the project click here.
For FAQs, click here.
For application form, click here.
- Singapore citizens, PR or foreigners holding a work or study visa who are residing in Singapore;
- At least 18 years of age;
- Medically fit for overseas travel;
- Adaptable and willing to serve;
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity;
- Having an open mind and interest in learning about different cultures;
- Have a sense of humility and friendliness, with the desire to serve the local community;
- Team work and be able to gain trust and build good rapport with fellow volunteers, local partners and community leaders, in order to work efficiently together to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Be able to read, write and speak English language well enough to communicate clearly both orally and in written form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (MS Words, Excel and Powerpoint);
- Familiar with social media and educational technology tools; and
- Has basic knowledge of troubleshooting IT equipment
- 22 - 25 February 2017 (IT Literacy Workshop) *Urgent Call for Volunteers*
The SIF will make all the necessary arrangements for you for the trip. We will also conduct a pre-departure briefing and relevant training to equip and better prepare volunteers for the volunteer trip. An SIF staff or a team-leader will also provide on-site assistance during the volunteer trip. A team co-ordinator will be appointed for every volunteer group to liaise with an SIF staff to coordinate the volunteer trip. The team co-ordinator is responsible for ensuring the required forms are duly completed and submitted, as well as coordinating the travel plans and arranging logistics for team. An SIF staff will be available throughout for consultation.
You will need to sign-up as a member to register for this event.
If you already have an account with us, please login to register for this event.
We have just migrated onto a new IT platform and are experiencing some technical issues.
If you receive the following error messages upon registering:
- There is no key word in dictionary; or
- You are already a registered member,
Please click on forget password. We will send you a link to reset your password.
In the meantime, we seek your patience and kind understanding and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Bangalore, IndiaCurriculum Development and Pedogogy Project
Hanoi, VietnamOccupational Therapist Project
Vientiane, LaosEnglish Teacher Project