Curriculum Development and Pedogogy ProjectBangalore, India
Description of Assignment
The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) is seeking Mathematics and Science Education Specialists to volunteer as trainers in a new 3 year sustainable capacity-building Education project in Bangalore City, India.
The project involves the following:
- Working with the Parikrma Humanity Foundation, a NGO in Bangalore, to enhance its current Maths/Science curriculum and pedagogy model and establishing it via Training-of-Trainers (ToT) workshops in primary level government schools in Bangalore;
- Conducting Training-of-Trainers workshops twice a year in Bangalore over 3 years. The workshops may run over 3 to 4 days;
- Reviewing current management frameworks in participating schools and suggesting improvements in quality control/governance standards to support the success of the project outcomes;
- Assisting the SIF project manager in designing a project with sustainable impact on the Education sector in Bangalore; and
- Submiting monitoring and evaluation reports to SIF after each SIF trip.
For this assignment, we seek volunteers who:
- Are Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents;
- Possess a Bachelor degree in Education and have around 10 years of teaching experience in Maths or Science;
- (Having management or leadership experience in the Education sector will be an added advantage);
- Are mature and adaptable with strong interpersonal skills, and cultural sensitivity; and
- Have keen interest or experience in overseas community development work.
Volunteers can generally expect to receive the following support:
- Return airfare and visa/permit
- Daily allowance and local transport
- Accommodation of a reasonable standard
- Coverage for required vaccinations
- Comprehensive travel insurance
You will need to sign-up as a member to register for this event.
If you already have an account with us, please login to register for this event.
We have just migrated onto a new IT platform and are experiencing some technical issues.
If you receive the following error messages upon registering:
- There is no key word in dictionary; or
- You are already a registered member,
Please click on forget password. We will send you a link to reset your password.
In the meantime, we seek your patience and kind understanding and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Bangalore, IndiaCurriculum Development and Pedogogy Project
Hanoi, VietnamOccupational Therapist Project
Vientiane, LaosEnglish Teacher Project