FORUM Research Paper: Dr Margaret Sherradan
FORUM Research Paper - Emerging trends in China
"Rising Asia and Implications for the Development Agenda"
- Some governmental organisations are piloting IVS projects with Western-based organisations
- Increased contact and consider developing a regulatory framework
- Relatively low capacity for volunteer management from local host organisations
- Lack of information and coordination among IVS sending organisations
- Changes in regulations in specialised fields can also affect the types of volunteers sent to China
Strengthening Meaningful Connections between the US and ASEAN
How should ASEAN’s strategy evolve to build capacity at the people-to-people level? What kind of initiatives can deepen integration and cultivate shared values among US and ASEAN communities? Thought leaders from the US and Singapore...
Singapore and Cambodia Collaborate to Bring Clean Water To Over 70,000 Cambodians
Four-year project in Siem Reap builds on success of previous Water for Life projects, augments Cambodian government’s goals and global efforts to provide universal access to safe drinking water.
Singapore Insights: Social Innovation and Enterprise
How is Singapore moving towards a more inclusive society? 28 Siyuan scholars and their teachers visiting from Fudan University, Shanghai participated in the Singapore Insights: Social Innovation and Enterprise programme to find out more.
ECE Mumbai Launch
On 19th July 2017, the Singapore International Foundation launched a three-year partnership with Mumbai-based Muktangan, a programme of The Paragon Charitable Trust, to increase the quality of early childhood education in Mumbai. The Early...
Friends for a Better World
Through the lens of National Geographic, find out how our Citizen Ambassadors help to build a Better World.