Young Social Entrepreneurs
Celebrating 10 Years of the Young Social Entrepreneurs Programme
Come celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Programme!
Be inspired by our human “books” in the form of notable social enterprise founders and their beneficiaries at our Human Library titled "Breaking Barriers".
Join us as we also celebrate our YSE 2019 social enterprise teams who will be pitching to win $20,000 in funding and hear the findings of our YSE Programme's impact study on the evening of 18 October!
- 10.00am - 3.50pm YSE 2019 Teams - Pitching for Change
- 4.00pm - 5.00pm Human Library "Breaking Barriers"
- 5.00pm - 5.30pm Fireside Chat with Mr Quek Siu Rui, CEO, Carousell & YSE 2010 Alumni
- 6.10pm - 7.10pm Awards Ceremony & Closing Reception
- 7.10pm – 7.30pm Networking & End of Event
(Open to public by registration only)
YSE 2019 Teams - Pitching for Change
Listen to the business pitches of the 15 shortlisted social enterprise teams from eight countries, who have journeyed together and honed their business ideas through the eight-month YSE 2019 programme.
Human Library "Breaking Barriers"
Delve into real-life stories as told in the form of Human Books by the YSE Alumni and community. Listen to seven featured social enterprise founders and their beneficiaries, on how they overcame challenges and barriers faced to continue pursuing their dreams:
- Mr James Lau: A differently-abled drummer who uses music to break societal boundaries and pursue a successful music career, which has seen him perform at key events like Baybeats.(Inclusive Arts Movement)
- Mr Daniel Teh: The journey of a former gang member turned award-winning social enterprise founder who employs the disadvantaged in society (PopeJaiThai)
- Muhd Sayfullah: A differently-abled artist empowered to pursue creative opportunities through inclusive access to art, design and technology (Junior Art Lab)
- Mr Nazrul Islam: A migrant brother in search of a better life for his family, who found himself inspiring others through his work as a teacher and community leader in Singapore (SDI Academy)
Read more about our human books here.
Fireside Chat with Mr Quek Siu Rui, CEO, Carousell & YSE 2010 Alumni
With over 250 million listings, Carousell has gone on to become one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces in Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong, with a valuation over US$550 million.
Join us in an exclusive Fireside Chat with Mr Quek Siu Rui, Co-Founder/CEO of Carousell, who started out his entrepreneurial journey through joining the YSE programme in 2010! Today, he remains committed to his mission of building communities and solving meaningful problems for people globally.
Join Us Today! Register here.
|Time:||10:00 - 19:30|
|Date:||18 Oct 2019|
|Venue:||Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, Level 3, Rooms 324 – 330|
SIF Paves the Way for More Cross-border Collaborations between Singapore and Vietnam
SIF Connects! Hanoi brings together Vietnamese Friends of Singapore (FOS) and members of the Singapore community to reconnect and share insights on bilateral developments at the people-to-people level.
Syncing Efforts Across Borders to Empower Disabled Artists
For the first time in Singapore, a leadership and coaching programme for disabled artists was organised collaboratively between the Singapore International Foundation (SIF), Very Special Arts, National Arts Council, and the British Council.
Global Young Changemakers Bond Over a Shared Motivation to Make a Better World
10 years on, the Singapore International Foundation’s (SIF) Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) programme has grown a network of over 1,000 changemakers from across the world, inspiring fresh ideas to meet global challenges.
India-Indonesia Journalist Visit Programme 2019
From 3-6 September 2019, the SIF hosted a Journalist Visit Programme (JVP) for our media friends from India and Indonesia. Since 2000, the programme has been providing an immersive learning experience for regional opinion shapers on how...
Meet our Citizen Ambassadors who volunteer selflessly to work alongside their overseas counterparts to uplift lives.