Young Social Entrepreneurs
Celebrating 10 Years of the Young Social Entrepreneurs Programme
Come celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Programme!
Be inspired by our human “books” in the form of notable social enterprise founders and their beneficiaries at our Human Library titled "Breaking Barriers".
Join us as we also celebrate our YSE 2019 social enterprise teams who will be pitching to win $20,000 in funding and hear the findings of our YSE Programme's impact study on the evening of 18 October!
- 10.00am - 3.50pm YSE 2019 Teams - Pitching for Change
- 4.00pm - 5.00pm Human Library "Breaking Barriers"
- 5.00pm - 5.30pm Fireside Chat with Mr Quek Siu Rui, CEO, Carousell & YSE 2010 Alumni
- 6.10pm - 7.10pm Awards Ceremony & Closing Reception
- 7.10pm – 7.30pm Networking & End of Event
(Open to public by registration only)
YSE 2019 Teams - Pitching for Change
Listen to the business pitches of the 15 shortlisted social enterprise teams from eight countries, who have journeyed together and honed their business ideas through the eight-month YSE 2019 programme.
Human Library "Breaking Barriers"
Delve into real-life stories as told in the form of Human Books by the YSE Alumni and community. Listen to seven featured social enterprise founders and their beneficiaries, on how they overcame challenges and barriers faced to continue pursuing their dreams:
- Mr James Lau: A differently-abled drummer who uses music to break societal boundaries and pursue a successful music career, which has seen him perform at key events like Baybeats.(Inclusive Arts Movement)
- Mr Daniel Teh: The journey of a former gang member turned award-winning social enterprise founder who employs the disadvantaged in society (PopeJaiThai)
- Muhd Sayfullah: A differently-abled artist empowered to pursue creative opportunities through inclusive access to art, design and technology (Junior Art Lab)
- Mr Nazrul Islam: A migrant brother in search of a better life for his family, who found himself inspiring others through his work as a teacher and community leader in Singapore (SDI Academy)
Read more about our human books here.
Fireside Chat with Mr Quek Siu Rui, CEO, Carousell & YSE 2010 Alumni
With over 250 million listings, Carousell has gone on to become one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces in Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong, with a valuation over US$550 million.
Join us in an exclusive Fireside Chat with Mr Quek Siu Rui, Co-Founder/CEO of Carousell, who started out his entrepreneurial journey through joining the YSE programme in 2010! Today, he remains committed to his mission of building communities and solving meaningful problems for people globally.
Join Us Today! Register here.
|Time:||10:00 - 19:30|
|Date:||18 Oct 2019|
|Venue:||Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, Level 3, Rooms 324 – 330|
Singapore And South Korea Exchange Insights On The Impact And Challenges Of COVID-19
A webinar co-organised by the Singapore International Foundation and the Korea Foundation highlighted the importance of partnerships to address the current pandemic.
Gift A Song Project Invites You To Spread Cheer And Uplift Spirits Through Music Amid Covid-19 Pandemic
This Arts for Good (A4G) project by the Singapore International Foundation (SIF) commissions homegrown artistes to belt out our favourite song covers as a gift to someone we care about.
Message from SIF Executive Director
500 Appreciation Cards, 500 Care Packets, One Big-hearted Community - An Arts For Good (A4G) Initiative For Outram Community Hospital
Rallying the support of the Singapore International Foundation (SIF) A4G Fellowship community, Alumni Fellow and Citizen Ambassador (CA) Sherry Soon, alongside her organisation, Be Kind SG, prepared appreciation cards and care packets for staff...
Gift A Song
#GiftASong is a campaign in support of livelihoods disrupted during #COVID19 and an initiative to uplift spirits through songs in these trying times. Local musicians from Singapore have been busy recording song dedications from home for their...