Visits & Insights
We host policy makers, opinion multipliers, decision makers and thought leaders from different countries on a regular basis to strengthen mutual understanding and people-to-people ties. These visits are aimed at facilitating a discussion on our economic, foreign and security policies with Singapore leaders, while providing a better understanding of Singapore’s perspective on regional and global developments. We connect members of the global community with those in Singapore to facilitate an exchange of ideas that can lead to greater understanding, strong connections and inspire change.
- The Raffles Programme hosts Japanese senior officials.
- The Republic of Korea Directors-General Visit Programme hosts South Korean senior officials.
- The United States Congressional Staff Members Visit Programme hosts Congressional Staffers from different states.
- The Journalist Visit Programme hosts journalists from the United States, Europe, China, Indonesia and India.
- The SIF-IBF-IPA Study Visit to Singapore is a bi-annual programme hosting Indonesian scholars from Indonesia Bright Foundation (IBF) and Indonesian Professionals’ Association in Singapore (IPA)
One of the best, most gracious, comprehensive programmes I’ve ever had: inspiring and thought-provoking. I could see how Singaporeans are always proactively thinking of ways to improve their lives. It was good for us Japanese civil servants to learn more about what other Ministries and Agencies do and break through the stone-piped natures of Japanese bureaucratic systems. Mr Kiyoto Maeda, Director, Acquisition, Technology & Logistics Agency, Ministry of Defence
(23rd Raffles Programme participant, 2017)
Very useful for cultural understanding and the sharing of insightful thinking about policy-making such as housing, population and integration (issues). I was impressed by (the) good performance and capabilities of Singaporean government officials. Mr Jung Seung-hun, Director General for Faculty Department, Ministry of Unification
(9th Republic of Korea Directors-General Visit Programme participant, 2016)
Member of Parliament Ang Hin Kee hosted Japanese delegates from the 23rd Raffles Programme during a Meet-The-People session in his constituency. View
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities hosted dialogue sessions for Japanese delegates from the Raffles Programme.
- 23rd Raffles Programme. View
- 22nd Raffles Programme. View
- 21st Raffles Programme. View
- Fireside chat with the 30th US Congressional Staff Members Delegation hosted by then-Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Second Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Grace Fu. View
Jami Burgess’ first visit here inspired her to think of ways her country, the United States, could work with Singapore to effect change for the greater good.
Singapore Magazine, Issue 2015 July-September - Read More
We run Visits & Insights programmes for policy leaders, decision-makers and opinion-multipliers to strengthen international understanding and inspire action for good. World communities are introduced to Singapore's policy innovations and way of life, to gain understanding of Singapore and increase opportunities for cross-cultural collaborations.
Singapore And South Korea Exchange Insights On The Impact And Challenges Of COVID-19
A webinar co-organised by the Singapore International Foundation and the Korea Foundation highlighted the importance of partnerships to address the current pandemic.
Gift A Song Project Invites You To Spread Cheer And Uplift Spirits Through Music Amid Covid-19 Pandemic
This Arts for Good (A4G) project by the Singapore International Foundation (SIF) commissions homegrown artistes to belt out our favourite song covers as a gift to someone we care about.
Message from SIF Executive Director
500 Appreciation Cards, 500 Care Packets, One Big-hearted Community - An Arts For Good (A4G) Initiative For Outram Community Hospital
Rallying the support of the Singapore International Foundation (SIF) A4G Fellowship community, Alumni Fellow and Citizen Ambassador (CA) Sherry Soon, alongside her organisation, Be Kind SG, prepared appreciation cards and care packets for staff...
Gift A Song
#GiftASong is a campaign in support of livelihoods disrupted during #COVID19 and an initiative to uplift spirits through songs in these trying times. Local musicians from Singapore have been busy recording song dedications from home for their...