Visits & Insights
We host policy makers, opinion multipliers, decision makers and thought leaders from different countries on a regular basis to strengthen mutual understanding and people-to-people ties. These visits are aimed at facilitating a discussion on our economic, foreign and security policies with Singapore leaders, while providing a better understanding of Singapore’s perspective on regional and global developments. We connect members of the global community with those in Singapore to facilitate an exchange of ideas that can lead to greater understanding, strong connections and inspire change.
- The Raffles Programme hosts Japanese senior officials.
- The Republic of Korea Directors-General Visit Programme hosts South Korean senior officials.
- The United States Congressional Staff Members Visit Programme hosts Congressional Staffers from different states.
- The Journalist Visit Programme hosts journalists from the United States, Europe, China, Indonesia and India.
- The SIF-IBF-IPA Study Visit to Singapore is a bi-annual programme hosting Indonesian scholars from Indonesia Bright Foundation (IBF) and Indonesian Professionals’ Association in Singapore (IPA)
Member of Parliament Ang Hin Kee hosted Japanese delegates from the 23rd Raffles Programme during a Meet-The-People session in his constituency. View
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities hosted dialogue sessions for Japanese delegates from the Raffles Programme.
- 23rd Raffles Programme. View
- 22nd Raffles Programme. View
- 21st Raffles Programme. View
- Fireside chat with the 30th US Congressional Staff Members Delegation hosted by then-Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Second Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Grace Fu. View
Jami Burgess’ first visit here inspired her to think of ways her country, the United States, could work with Singapore to effect change for the greater good.
Singapore Magazine, Issue 2015 July-September - Read More
We run Visits & Insights programmes for policy leaders, decision-makers and opinion-multipliers to strengthen international understanding and inspire action for good. World communities are introduced to Singapore's policy innovations and way of life, to gain understanding of Singapore and increase opportunities for cross-cultural collaborations.
In the Spirit of ‘Gotong Royong’ (Community Cooperation), Singaporean and Indonesian Artists Collaborate on the Arts for Social Impact
Artists from both countries put together ‘Songs from the Heart of Kupang’ music album to fundraise for the Roslin Orphanage in Indonesia.
Strengthening Meaningful Connections between the US and ASEAN
How should ASEAN’s strategy evolve to build capacity at the people-to-people level? What kind of initiatives can deepen integration and cultivate shared values among US and ASEAN communities? Thought leaders from the US and Singapore...
Singapore and Cambodia Collaborate to Bring Clean Water To Over 70,000 Cambodians
Four-year project in Siem Reap builds on success of previous Water for Life projects, augments Cambodian government’s goals and global efforts to provide universal access to safe drinking water.
Songs from the Heart of Kupang
Indonesian and Singaporean artists came together to effect positive change through The Kupang Project, a year-long collaboration in 2016 under the SIF Arts for Good initiative. The artists collaborated to introduce arts-based activities into the...
Friends for a Better World
Through the lens of National Geographic, find out how our Citizen Ambassadors help to build a Better World.