Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE)
Mentorship is a key component of our Young Social Entrepreneurs programme. Our dedicated mentors are leaders in their profession. They provide guidance and strategic counsel for our YSEs to achieve their social entrepreneurial goals.
Applications are now open for the following mentorship schemes:
YSE Business Clinic Mentor (25 and 26 Jun 2020)
Role & Commitment
- 2 sessions of face-to-face mentorship, during the YSE 2020 Workshop to be held in June 2020, mentoring YSE teams on general business fundamentals.
- Sessions will likely take place in the evenings from 6 to 8pm
Profile of Business Clinic Mentors
- General business management knowledge such as business strategy, financial management, leadership, etc. or entrepreneurial experience
- At least 2 years of work/business experience
- YSE Entrepreneur Mentor (Jul to Dec 2020)
Role & Commitment
- 2 to 4 hours a month from July to December 2020 to mentor teams on practical aspects and challenges of starting up an enterprise
Profile of Entrepreneur Mentors
- At least 3 years of entrepreneurial experience
- Currently running a business or with deep understanding of relevant industries and markets
- Experience in social entrepreneurship is not necessary, but will be an added advantage
- Some experience in doing business in Asia will be an added advantage
- Willingness to share contacts and networks with YSE mentees
Application closes on 23 Mar 2020.
Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Partners
The YSE programme is supported by more than 150 institutional partners. We thank our volunteer mentors and judges, donors, sponsors and programme partners for enabling our work and that of our young changemakers.
Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Workshop Closing Reception at Raffles City Convention Centre
Welcome Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Dialogue at *SCAPE The Tree Top
Singapore President Mdm Halimah Yacob Visits the SIF’s Occupational Therapy for Children with Special Needs Project in Jakarta, Indonesia
On 5 February 2020, Singapore President Halimah Yacob paid her first overseas visit, as Patron of the Singapore International Foundation, to our Occupational Therapy for Children with Special Needs project in Jakarta, Indonesia. President...
Meet our Citizen Ambassadors who volunteer selflessly to work alongside their overseas counterparts to uplift lives.