Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE)
Mentorship is a key component of our Young Social Entrepreneurs programme. Our dedicated mentors are leaders in their profession. They provide guidance and strategic counsel for our YSEs to achieve their social entrepreneurial goals.
Applications are now open for the following mentorship schemes:
- YSE 2019 Workshop Business Clinic Mentor:
Workshop mentors must have:
- General business management knowledge such as business strategy, financial management, leadership, etc. or entrepreneurial experience
- At least 2 years of work/business experience
- Time commitment*:
- Two sessions of face-to-face mentorship each during YSE 2019 Workshop held mid-late March 2019, mentoring YSE teams on general business fundamentals. (Sessions will likely take place in the evenings from 6 to 8pm)
- Entrepreneur Mentor:
Entrepreneur mentors must have:
- At least 3 years of entrepreneurial experience, currently running a business or with deep understanding of relevant industries and markets
- Experience in social entrepreneurship is not necessary, but will be an added advantage
- Some experience in doing business in Asia will be an added advantage
- Willingness to share contacts and networks with YSE mentees
- Time commitment*:
- 2-4 hours a month from April to October 2019 to mentor teams on practical aspects and challenges of starting up an enterprise
- Entrepreneur mentors who are a better match to our seven YSE 2018 winners may be invited to join as Alumni Mentors instead to guide the winners in the usage of their winning funds and implementation of agreed milestones with SIF.
- Desire and passion to support the impact work of youth by imparting not just knowledge and skills but also help to grow their networks
- Fluency in English
- Mentors are paired with YSE teams based on the mentor’s expertise / business experience, interest and country.
- Mentors may also be invited to review YSE 2019 applications
- Less than 3 hours in January 2019 to score about 20 YSE 2019 applications through online portal
Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Workshop Closing Reception at Raffles City Convention Centre
Welcome Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Dialogue at *SCAPE The Tree Top
SIF Builds Capacity Amongst Indian Social Entrepreneurs
35 young social entrepreneurs from across India convened in Bangalore for a two-day workshop as part of the SIF’s 2019 series of Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Overseas Workshops in India, followed by China later this year. Over two days, these...
Journey with our favourite local personalities as they team up with our Singapore International Volunteers to do good overseas!