Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE)
Mentorship is a key component of our Young Social Entrepreneurs programme. Our dedicated mentors are leaders in their profession. They provide guidance and strategic counsel for our YSEs to achieve their social entrepreneurial goals.
*Note: The YSE 2020 programme has been postponed till further notice.
We are closely monitoring developments around the COVID-19 global situation Mentors who have applied can expect email updates from SIF on further arrangements for the YSE 2020 mentorship.Applications are now open for the following mentorship programmes:
YSE Business Clinic Mentor (25 and 26 Jun 2020)*
Role & Commitment
- 2 sessions of face-to-face mentorship, during the YSE 2020 Workshop to be held in June 2020, mentoring YSE teams on general business fundamentals.
- Sessions will likely take place in the evenings from 6 to 8pm
Profile of Business Clinic Mentors
- General business management knowledge such as business strategy, financial management, leadership, etc. or entrepreneurial experience
- At least 2 years of work/business experience
- YSE Entrepreneur Mentor (Jul to Dec 2020)*
Role & Commitment
- 2 to 4 hours a month from July to December 2020 to mentor teams on practical aspects and challenges of starting up an enterprise
Profile of Entrepreneur Mentors
- At least 3 years of entrepreneurial experience
- Currently running a business or with deep understanding of relevant industries and markets
- Experience in social entrepreneurship is not necessary, but will be an added advantage
- Some experience in doing business in Asia will be an added advantage
- Willingness to share contacts and networks with YSE mentees
Application closes on 23 Mar 2020.
Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Partners
The YSE programme is supported by more than 150 institutional partners. We thank our volunteer mentors and judges, donors, sponsors and programme partners for enabling our work and that of our young changemakers.
Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Workshop Closing Reception at Raffles City Convention Centre
Welcome Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Dialogue at *SCAPE The Tree Top
SIF A4G Fellows come together for Stay Home Quilt – a participatory project that lives out the transformative power of the arts in times of COVID-19
A key thrust of the Arts for Good (A4G) Fellowship by the Singapore International Foundation (SIF) is to grow the Arts for Good ecosystem. One that brings together a community of cross-sector practitioners to harness the power of the arts in...
Gift A Song
#GiftASong is a campaign in support of livelihoods disrupted during #COVID19 and an initiative to uplift spirits through songs in these trying times. Local musicians from Singapore have been busy recording song dedications from home for their...