Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE)
Mentorship is a key component of our Young Social Entrepreneurs programme. Our dedicated mentors are leaders in their profession. They provide guidance and strategic counsel for our YSEs to achieve their social entrepreneurial goals.
Applications are now open for the following types of mentors:
- YSE 2018 Workshop Business Clinic Mentor:
Workshop mentors must have:
- General business management knowledge such as business strategy, financial management, leadership, etc. or entrepreneurial experience
- At least 2 years of work/business experience
2 hours face-to-face mentorship each during YSE 2018 Workshop on 22 & 23 March, 6 – 8pm, mentoring YSE teams on general business fundamentals
- 2 hours face-to-face mentorship each during YSE 2018 Workshop on 22 & 23 March, 6 – 8pm, mentoring YSE teams on general business fundamentals
- Entrepreneur Mentor:
Entrepreneur mentors must have:
- At least 3 years of entrepreneurial experience, currently running a business or with deep understanding of relevant industries and markets
- Experience in social entrepreneurship is not necessary, but will be an added advantage
- Some experience in doing business in Asia will be an added advantage
- Willing to share contacts and networks with YSE mentees
- 2-4 hours a month from April to October 2018 to mentor teams on practical aspects and challenges of starting up an enterprise
Entrepreneur mentors who are a better match to our six YSE 2017 winners may be invited to join as Alumni Mentors instead to guide the winners in the usage of their winning funds and implementation of agreed milestones with SIF.
For All Mentors:
- Desire and passion to support the impact work of youth by imparting not just knowledge and skills but also help to grow their networks
- Fluency in English
- Mentors are paired with YSE teams based on the mentor’s expertise / business experience, interest and country.
Mentors may also be invited to review YSE 2018 applications
o Less than 3 hours in January 2018 to score about 20 YSE 2018 applications through online portal
If you have further queries on mentorship, please contact the YSE team at email@example.com
YSE Partners: If you are interested in social entrepreneurship and would like to get more involved with our YSE programme, please contact the YSE team at firstname.lastname@example.org for partnership possibilities.
Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Workshop Closing Reception at Raffles City Convention Centre
Welcome Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Dialogue at *SCAPE The Tree Top
Singapore Insights: Cultural Intersections for Social Impact
Singapore Insights: Cultural Intersections for Social Impact gathered over 100 participants from the public, private and people sectors to examine how multi-sectorial collaborations through the arts can create, and have created, positive social...
Friends for a Better World
Through the lens of National Geographic, find out how our Citizen Ambassadors help to build a Better World.