Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What am I expected to do during the A4G Fellowship?
You must attend all components of the Fellowship in its entirety, as follows:
- virtual programme featuring regional arts for good sector on
- 4 to 6 October 2023,
- 3 November 2023, and
- 1 December 2023.
- in-person programme featuring Singapore arts for good sector from 22 to 26 January 2024.
You are expected to facilitate and participate in peer learning and sharing sessions. You must also actively contribute to the brainstorming of solutions to social problem statements throughout the duration of the Fellowship.
2. Is it possible to only attend either one of the programmes?
As stated above, it is compulsory to attend all components of the Fellowship.
Absence from any of the components will affect your further engagement with the Fellowship and/or the SIF. We will not reimburse or subsidise the flight or travel expenses for Fellows who do not meet the attendance requirements of the programme.
3. The following are the eligibility criteria to participate as a Fellow:
- be an arts and culture practitioner (e.g. artist, arts administrator, creative professional, arts educator or arts programmer) or professional from the social sector
- have a minimum of two years of professional practice, and demonstrate a commitment to lead and effect change through your work
- have prior experience working with a community through the arts, demonstrating a strong interest in arts-based projects aimed at creating social impact
- be able to attend all components of the programme
- have access to stable Internet connectivity
- be able to communicate in English
- be at least 21 years of age
- be able to financially cover a part of your travel costs to, and stay in, Singapore.
4. Can more than one person from the same organisation apply?
Yes, each application is assessed on its own merit. Multiple submissions from the same organisation are welcomed. However, do ensure that the applications are submitted separately as we do not accept joint applications.
5. Can I reapply if I have applied to previous editions of the Fellowship?
Yes, each application is assessed on its own merit. We encourage you to submit your application with updates on your recent achievements and projects.
6. I have a disability. May I apply to the Fellowship?
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from artists or practitioners living with disability. Please feel free to write to us at [email protected] to let us know how we can make the application process and the whole Fellowship journey accessible to you.
7. What criteria does SIF look out for in evaluating an application?
We value the benefits of peer learning and look for the following characteristics in the applications to ensure the most conducive learning environment for our Fellows.
- an artistic practice or professional career that gives evidence of excellence and merit
- sustained contribution and vision in harnessing the arts for social impact
- experience in working with other arts for good practitioners in their community and collaborate across sectors / borders on projects with positive social impact
- relevant experience in working with seniors in your practice will be an added advantage.
8. May I appeal the outcome of the application?
All outcomes are final, and we are unable to review any appeals. We look forward to receiving outstanding applicants every year and encourage unsuccessful applicants to continue to grow your interest and apply in the subsequent editions.
9. How do I apply?
Please set aside about 30 minutes to complete the form and prepare these following documents to submit together with your online application:
- your latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- supporting documents of recent projects.
Applications must be submitted in English. Applications received in other languages will not be considered. Please allow the appropriate amount of time based on your internet’s upload speed to upload all your documents before the deadline.
We may get in touch if we require further information from you.
10. When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is Sunday, 25 June 2023, 23:59hrs GMT +8 (Go to Dateful.com to convert to your local time). Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
11. When will I know the result of my application?
Application status will be released by end August 2022. Please see below for a timeline of the process:
- 1 – 25 June 2023: Open Call
- July – August 2023: Review of Applications
- End August 2023: Notification of Application Outcome
Travelling to Singapore
12. If I am offered the Fellowship, do I have to accept the offer immediately?
Successful applicants will receive a provisional offer of place in the Fellowship programme and will have one week to accept the offer. If your response is not received within the week, your place in the Fellowship will be offered to the next person on the waitlist.
Once you accept the provisional offer, we will contact you for further information and follow up with a formal agreement and schedule.
13. What is the estimated cost of participating in the Fellowship?
The SIF will cover the following costs:
- partial cost for flight to Singapore,
- 6-nights of accommodation in Singapore, on twin-sharing basis with another Fellow,
- local transport during the Fellowship in Singapore, and
- lunch for 5 days, over the duration of the Fellowship in Singapore.
You will be expected to cover the rest of the flight cost to Singapore, insurance coverage, as well as any other costs (e.g. transport to and from the airport, meals, sightseeing outside of the Fellowship, etc).
14. Who has participated in the Fellowship in previous years?
You may read more about past years’ Fellows and their work from our website.
15. Is the Arts for Good Fellowship the same as the Artists for a Better World programme?
Yes, the Arts for Good Fellowship was formerly known as the Artists for a Better World programme. Since 2018, it was renamed to the Arts for Good Fellowship to demonstrate stronger alignment with its objectives.
If your question is not answered by the information above, please email us at [email protected]