Terms & Conditions: YSE Friends' Favourite Awards
The YSE Friends’ Favourite Awards (the “Contest”) is organised by the Singapore International Foundation (“SIF”). Information on how to participate forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the Contest is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
By taking part in the Contest, all participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended at any time, without prior notice and the prevailing Facebook terms and conditions of use, which may be amended from time to time.
The Contest is open to all participants who are 18 years or older as at the date of participation. You warrant to indemnify SIF against any and all claims in relation to your participation of this Contest and breach of its Terms and Conditions contained herein. SIF’s rights are hereby expressly reserved.
Photos or videos of the YSE teams will be published in a post on SIF’s official Facebook Page (facebook.com/singaporeinternationalfoundation). Vote for your favourite team from SIF’s Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) programme with the “like”, “love”, “care” or “wow” reactions below their photo or video. You may vote for more than one team.
To participate in the Contest, votes must be submitted between 25 October 2022 and 24 November 2022, 2359hrs (Singapore Time GMT+8) (the “Contest Period”).
Only votes on SIF’s official Facebook Page will be eligible for entry into the Contest. Any votes via shared posts or on other platforms will not be considered.
As a pre-requisite of entry, participants must Like and Follow SIF’s official Facebook Page.
- The YSE Friends’ Favourite contest is designed to encourage friends and families to show their support for the YSE teams and the meaningful causes that they champion. To ensure interactions on the SIF’s platforms are authentic and guided by our mission and core values, illegitimate votes will not be condoned.
There will be three winners for the Contest, chosen at random, from all eligible votes submitted during the Contest Period and each will stand a chance to win a $50 Amazon voucher.
Winners will be announced on the Facebook post by and contacted via Facebook Messenger by an SIF representative. Winners are required to acknowledge the notice by responding within 5 days.
- The top 3 YSE teams with the highest number of positive votes (excluding reactions ‘sad’ and ‘angry’) will stand a chance to win the following prizes:
Winning YSE Teams will be announced on 25 November 2022 and contacted via email by a SIF representative to arrange the prize collection.
SIF reserves the right to deal with all prizes unclaimed within the time stipulated in the prize notification message, in any manner deemed fit. All decisions made by SIF in relation to the Contest is final and binding. No appeal will be entertained.
In the event that any participant/winner is disqualified from the Contest, SIF may decide whether an alternate participant/winner should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash. Substitution of prizes by winners will not be entertained. SIF reserves the right to replace any prize with an item of similar value without prior notice.
- You may notify us of any updates, amendments and corrections to previously collected Information by contacting our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. Further, upon your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your Information from our database. However, it may be impossible to delete your entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
Each participant in the Contest represents and warrants that all materials, documents, in- formation and forms submitted or created by him or her in connection with the Contest does not infringe on the rights of any party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights relating to any patent, trademark or brand name registered or enforceable any where in the world. Such participant shall indemnify SIF and its affiliates against any claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses incurred by SIF and its affiliates arising out of or in connection with any such infringement (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis), and shall at the request of SIF, defend any action brought against SIF and its affiliates for any such claim for liability and/or damages.
By entering this Contest, all participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless SIF and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities or for (i) any printing or typographical errors in any materials or communication associated with the Contest (ii) any technical malfunction and/or problem with the prizes and (iii) any use of the prizes.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of SIF by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
SIF assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in the transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorised access to Contest entries; or alteration of entries. SIF is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
- Each participant of this Contest grants Facebook a complete release from any liability and exempts SIF from any liability arising from any act, omission or default in connection with the use and operation of the operating platforms for Facebook over which SIF has no control. For the avoidance of doubt, this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, and all participants are providing information to SIF and not to Facebook.
How to Participate:
1st Place - $1,000 Amazon Gift Card
2nd Place - $500 Amazon Gift Card
3rd Place - $300 Amazon Gift Card
Use of Personal Information:
- to the use of the Information, without compensation, for SIF’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- to the use of the Information, without compensation, for the purpose of administration in relation to the Contest.
This Contest and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Singapore law and each participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.