Young Social Entrepreneurs
The Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) programme inspires, equips and enables youth of different nationalities to start or scale up their social enterprises in Singapore and beyond.
Since 2010, the YSE programme has nurtured a network of youth with innovative business ideas focused on social good. Together with established social entrepreneurs, business consultants and investors, we harness the power of ideas, know-how and resources to effect positive change for a better world.
What we offer
- Network – Join an international ecosystem of changemakers including like-minded individuals, corporates, practitioners and successful entrepreneurs.
- Mentorship – Gain access to industry experts and professionals for mentorship.
- Study visits – Embark on overseas study visits to gain insights on social problems and solutions.
- Grants – Develop your social enterprise with up to SGD$ 20,000 in funding!
*Note: The YSE 2020 programme has been postponed till further notice.
We are closely monitoring developments around the COVID-19 global situation and will do our utmost to ensure that the YSE programme can take place at a safe and hospitable time. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- YSE celebrated our 10th Anniversary at the YSE 2019 Pitching for Change on 18 October in Singapore. YSE 2010 alumnus, Mr Quek Siu Rui, CEO and Founder of Carousell shared about his entrepreneurship journey in a Fireside Chat. This followed a Human Library session in which six YSE alumni and the community members they work with shared their stories on overcoming personal and societal barriers. A special DBSF x SIF Social Impact Prize was awarded to three outstanding YSE alumni – Ecodoe from Indonesia, Langit Collective from Malaysia and WateROAM from Singapore – to recognise their work in creating social change through enterprise. Read more about the event here.
- Six YSE 2019 teams were selected by judges at Pitching for Change on 18 Octoberto receive a grant of SGD20,000 to scale up their social enterprises. The YSE 2019 winners are Parched Foodworks and Ubuntu Micro Irrigation from India, Nyampah Corporation from Indonesia, Native from Malaysia, Deaftawk from Pakistan and Hatch from Singapore.
- The YSE 2019 Study Visit and YSE Workshop|Shanghai were held concurrently from 15 to 19 July, creating a landmark opportunity for 53 young changemakers representing 10 nationalities to learn from one another and forge wider networks. From insightful sharing sessions by acclaimed industry leaders to visits to social enterprises, incubators and venture capital firms, participants had the chance to network and exchange cross-border perspectives. Read more about YSE’s debut in China here
- 35 young social entrepreneurs from across India convened for the inaugural YSE Workshop|Bangalore from 2 to 3 May, where they learned from prestigious Singaporean and Indian speakers and mentors, networked with fellow changemakers from Amani Institute and pitched to a media panel for their work to be published. Read more about the workshop here.
- 15 social enterprises from Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Singapore and Thailand were shortlisted into the seven-month YSE 2019 programme after a four-day workshop which took place from 20 to 23 March in Singapore. The workshop consisted of comprehensive skills training sessions adapted to the needs of the participating social enterprises. From business clinics and a dialogue session on how to use data analytics to maximise social impact, to engaging with regional Key Opinion Leaders who have amassed significant online audiences, participants opened the 10th run of the YSE with an enriching programme. Read more about the workshop here.
Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Workshop Closing Reception at Raffles City Convention Centre
Welcome Remarks by Ambassador Ong Keng Yong, SIF Chairman, at the Young Social Entrepreneurs 2016 Dialogue at *SCAPE The Tree Top
Singapore President Mdm Halimah Yacob Visits the SIF’s Occupational Therapy for Children with Special Needs Project in Jakarta, Indonesia
On 5 February 2020, Singapore President Halimah Yacob paid her first overseas visit, as Patron of the Singapore International Foundation, to our Occupational Therapy for Children with Special Needs project in Jakarta, Indonesia. President...
Meet our Citizen Ambassadors who volunteer selflessly to work alongside their overseas counterparts to uplift lives.